Environmentally friendly approach
Green building commitment:
Barr Construction and Restoration strives to make a positive contribution by reducing waste and implementing energy efficient systems for our projects.
- We have been trained as Green Building Professionals, and are members of Built it Green, a regional non profit organization based in the San Francisco bay area that focuses on green residential building in California specifically.
It makes good common sense to reduce pollution and to decrease energy costs whenever possible, in the long run these measures pay for themselves, last longer, and are a good real estate investment.
- We use cutting edge technologies in solar, geothermal, radiant heating, high performance windows, high efficiency insulation, and passive solar to name a few.
- We strive to use local suppliers to reduce trucking, indigenous materials from our area such as the logs we mill, stonework and boulders, native plants and grasses that require less water and enhance the beauty of each project.
- We use energy star products whenever possible, and our office computer systems are state of the art Mac’s, which use less energy, are expandable, and recyclable.
- Our trucks / heavy equipment are current models with tier 4 engines and low emissions.
- We take painstaking measures to keep our job-sites organized, recycling whenever possible. We use erosion prevention methods to keep the waters clean and clear.
We attend seminars and classes to stay abreast in new regulations and building methods.